[sdiy] The Parrot Sketch

Batz Goodfortune batzman at all-electric.com
Wed Aug 28 18:21:01 CEST 2002

Y-ellow All.
         THIS! Is a DEAD POLY!

Actually it's just pining for the fiords at the moment but the SSM chips
are going to a better life. In the mean time, I've tried everyone's
suggestions where I might find a Poly61 circuit and no luck so far. Though
Peter Blackett found me a block diagram which explains a lot.

The remains of the poly now live in a cardboard box. The intent now is to
turn the analogue voice board to something more useful. Either a triple
4-pole VCF/VCA combo or maybe 2 4-poles and a stereo 2-pole. The problem is
that I'll have to know how to drive the thing and how to take control of
some other, possibly interesting elements such as the wave shaping stuff.

I'm thinking along the lines of shoving a whole new micro board on the end
of it with more modern D-A converter(s), MIDI, and so fourth. It should all
fit in a 1u rack box.

So if anyone has a road map, even if it's just for the voice board, that
they could scan for me, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Be absolutely Icebox.

|_,__/ \__,_|\__|/ /    BS    -----> http://all-electric.com
Goodfortune    |_____|  cult  -----> http://www.subgenius.com