[sdiy] alps skhcaa

Dave Magnuson resfreq at hoohahrecords.com
Fri Aug 23 18:20:41 CEST 2002

At 11:52 AM 8/23/02 -0400, Dan Gendreau wrote:
>Ian Esten Wrote:
>> i need to replace some of the alps skhcaa push button switches in a roland
>> i have, and have been trying hard to find a distributor in the usa. the
>> only place i have found at all so far is www.alpsparts.com, but they are
>> based in korea, so shipping will cost about 3 times as much as the parts!
>> mouser have a skhcaa alternative, the omron B3F-4050. so, does anybody
>> know if it is as good as the alps part? or better still, does anyone know
>> of an alps distributor in the usa?
>
>I bought an equivalent part from Mouser or Digikey (cant remember) to
>replace all the switches in my 303.
>
>It was almost identical except the head was slightly larger and the switch
>caps didnt fit. I just used a nail file to trim down them a little. It was a
>bit of a pain in the ass, but it worked out in the end.
>
>My recommendation: Measure your existing part very carefully and check the
>part specs before you order them. The only dimension that really matters is
>the head size though. The pinout and height are pretty standard.
>
>-Dan G.

I have the specs for the Alps "SKHC" series on my website.  You can use
that to compare the shaft size of the Alps to the Omron part.  Also,
E-switch is available from Mouser and they have equiv replacements for many
of these Alps SKHC-series switches.

Between Omron and E-switch, hopefully one will have the correct shaft size.
 I failed to find an Alps dealer for Polysix replacement switches... but
still haven't gotten around to ordering Omron or E-switch replacements yet
(too many other projects in progress)

The Alps datasheet is here:
http://www.hoohahrecords.com/resfreq/datasheets/alps_SKHCxx.pdf

hope this helps a little!