[sdiy] alps skhcaa

Dan Gendreau gendreau at rochester.rr.com
Fri Aug 23 17:52:19 CEST 2002

Ian Esten Wrote:
> i need to replace some of the alps skhcaa push button switches in a roland
> i have, and have been trying hard to find a distributor in the usa. the
> only place i have found at all so far is www.alpsparts.com, but they are
> based in korea, so shipping will cost about 3 times as much as the parts!
> mouser have a skhcaa alternative, the omron B3F-4050. so, does anybody
> know if it is as good as the alps part? or better still, does anyone know
> of an alps distributor in the usa?

I bought an equivalent part from Mouser or Digikey (cant remember) to
replace all the switches in my 303.

It was almost identical except the head was slightly larger and the switch
caps didnt fit. I just used a nail file to trim down them a little. It was a
bit of a pain in the ass, but it worked out in the end.

My recommendation: Measure your existing part very carefully and check the
part specs before you order them. The only dimension that really matters is
the head size though. The pinout and height are pretty standard.

-Dan G.