[sdiy] Alex sings Geddy with formant envelope synthesis?

Dave Magnuson resfreq at hoohahrecords.com
Thu Aug 22 21:44:43 CEST 2002

At 10:21 AM 8/22/02 -0500, Marc Jordan wrote:
>Hunh.  Then why would he act like he's singing at the same time?  Alex is
>quite squirrelly so maybe he was just goofing around.  Or maybe he was using
>the pedals for some articulation param?  The harmony was in tune/time, and
>using fixed-pitch/length sample triggers could possibly give you bad
>results.

On previous Rush tours (didn't see this one), Neil Peart wears headphones
for a click track.  This keeps all the video and audio sequences lined up
with the performance through out the show.  I bet they use *alot* of fixed
pitch and length samples... should work well since the band is playing to a
click track.

Dave Magnuson

Resonant Frequency:
resfreq at hoohahrecords.com