[sdiy] Re: 3080---defunct?

Neil Johnson nej22 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Wed Aug 21 17:39:48 CEST 2002

Paul,

> > There are some seriously good VCAs available - SSM2164,
>
> yep, though sadly its not DC coupled, so scaleing of CVs is just not going
> to happen..

Oh, I thought it _was_ DC-coupled, a straight-froward current in, current
out gain cell.  I'd be surprised if had damn-great AC capacitors to block
DC...in fact figure 27 on the datasheet specifically shows a DC-blocking
capacitor on the input circuit of a unipolar application (they lift the
GND reference pin to half V+)

Also I found while noodling around with my filter that it will quite
happily integrate any DC offset, so I really do think it is DC-coupled.

But, if you can point me in the direction of greater knowledge I'd be
happy to change my mind!

Cheers,
Neil

--
Neil Johnson :: Computer Laboratory :: University of Cambridge ::
http://www.njohnson.co.uk          http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~nej22