[sdiy] Re[2]: Behringer mixers...

Machinerygod machinerygod at prism.net
Wed Aug 21 00:12:12 CEST 2002

I've been following this thread with some interest since I was just
about to buy a behringer MX2642 but held off on it due to reading
posts here about their apparent lack of quality. I was using one live
(owned by another band member) and it was somewhat flaky but sounded
OK. Though there are a lot of aspects of a mixers performance that
don't become readily apparent when you're putting mainly power tools
and contact mics through it.

I'm thinking of looking at mackie's offerings even though they're more
expensive. I preferably need something I can optionally rackmount, with 16 to
24 channels. XLR ins and outs would be nice.

Anybody have any ideas or any particular models they use and are happy
with?

1010011010==_MACHINERYGOD_!=111101001101001
"He who wonders discovers that this in itself is a wonder."  -M. C. Escher
"Dave, put down those windows disks, Dave, Dave ...." - HAL

"the well lived life is a series of calculated risks.
If you risk nothing, you gain nothing."
-Jack Napier, Billboard Liberation Front

"I make sound from the scum that surrounds my life"
-Masami Akita, Merzbow