[sdiy] SUCCESS! Poly 800 mods, no patch loading

HapyBrian at netscape.net HapyBrian at netscape.net
Mon Aug 19 07:16:26 CEST 2002

Thanks to everyone for all their advice/comments.

I was FINALLY able to load the patches.  Just as an
FYI, here's what I did:
  The tape input switch was set to HIGH.
  My PC audio mixer had master set to 6 (out of 7)
                    had wav set to to 6 (out of 7)
  I used winAmp and it was set to 100%!  (maxed out)
  My cable was 1/8" stereo (sound card) to 1/8" mono (poly)

I knew I was getting close, since I started getting "Err"
instead of the endless "LoAd".  (Isn't that a song?
 "~~ My Endless Load~~~...  Two bits, two bits which look
  just alike~~"..    Yes, I'll keep my day job).

Although I had been playing around with patches of my own,
it's great to finally hear what this old thing can do!

Thanks again,
Brian