[sdiy] Anyone got a Dataman S4 ?

Colin Fraser colin at colinfraser.com
Sun Aug 18 10:59:51 CEST 2002

The AVR and PIC programmers I have at the moment are both DIY types that
use the parallel port.
I have to keep an install of Windows ME on my PC to use them - the
software can't access the parallel port under XP.
The Dataman has a serial port to connect to the PC, and also has battery
backed RAM, so you can store a number of different files in it, and
write them to devices when required, without having to boot up the PC,
connect up the programer, etc...
The AVR adaptor for the Dataman is serial, and includes an ISP
connector.
Dataman also do adaptors for PALs, serial EEPROMs etc, but they are all
expensive.

Colin f