[sdiy] vero board and a couple other questions

Paul Perry pfperry at melbpc.org.au
Sat Aug 17 04:38:25 CEST 2002

>Steve Begin wrote:
>> Is there any disadvantage to using vero board aside from aesthetics?
>>It seems like it would be so much simpler than a PCB but I'm wondering
>>if there is something I don't know.

If there's only 2 or 3 ICs, vero wins, for me.
I've built tons of stuff on vero.
As a guide, I draw the chips on a piece of paper first with the rest of
the ckt hanging off.
NOTE: i *ALWAYS* check all adjacent tracks for shorts before powering up.
I have never regretted doing this.
And, last week, for the first time ever, I found a vero style board with a
track short (very tiny!) straight from the factory.
I use a battery drill to cut the traces.

paul perry (Frostwave) Melburne australia