How could I say no? Re: [sdiy] Synth-DIY breadboard Module...

Cynthia Webster cynthia.webster at gte.net
Fri Aug 16 00:13:44 CEST 2002

> Doug et al,
>
> At least it has gone to a good home. It looks like it was "our" Cynthia who
> had the winning bid.

I was recently shopping at Marvac for some perfboard and somewhat stunned at
the prices - just for a blank piece of plastic with a zillion holes in it!

Yuppers!  It was me, really at that price - how could I say no?

Even though I might be in the doghouse with Harry right now for buying this!

(Actually Harry makes a very good argument for his own technique).

I'm going to try a few projects his way too.

Warm Regards!

Cynthia

> Cheers,
>
> Peter
>
> epeasant at telusplanet.net wrote:
>>
>> I really should have plugged some BBDs into the socket
>> before I took that picture to really see Harry explode! :-P
>>
>> Anybody that wants to get in deep trouble with Harry, buy
>> this for only $25 (not mine):
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
>> ViewItem&item=1758467274
>>
>> Take care,
>> Doug
>>
>> ______________________
>> The Electronic Peasant
>>
>> www.electronicpeasant.com
>>
>>> Howdy Doug...
>>>
>>> Nah... your slinky reverb is my WORST nightmare   ;^P
>>>
>>> Looks pretty good (except the solderless breadboard
>>> part)....  The
>>> slope front is kind of unique.... puts a whole new angle
>>> on the circuits
>>>
>>> don't it....
>>>
>>> Mind a suggestion of why your tilt-sensor prototpye gave
>>> unusual results
>>> ???   ;^P
>>>
>>> ...for those newbies who have not heard me rant on these
>>> breadboards...
>>> I don't like them because they are not robust. More time
>>> may be taken
>>> with a circuit that does not work for mechanical (bad
>>> contact - short)
>>> or
>>> parasitic electrical  (too much stray capacitance - lack
>>> of good
>>> decoupling)
>>> problems.
>>>
>>> I had a friend in college who prototyped a voltage
>>> controlled theatrical
>>> light
>>> dimmer on one of these... It worked well just until he
>>> tried to show it
>>> to a commercial
>>> prospect (this was cutting edge technology in those
>>> days...  lights were