[sdiy] Poly 800 mods, no patch loading

CCartCat at aol.com CCartCat at aol.com
Thu Aug 15 18:21:45 CEST 2002

FWIW:

It's been a while and I forget the particulars (something like the "load"
forever/no "error" response), but I remember trying to patch load on my Poly
800 mkII (from a Mac line out and p'haps from a cassette) and getting no
results.  If and when I ever try again (and, um, succeed), I'll let you know.

Meantime, I've been suspicious that something was blown.  Doing these sorts
of audio data dumps/loads with an old Roland TR 505 or whatever (long ago), I
had few if any problems.

<<Mine was doing the exact same thing, flashing and all, and it seemed to be
a simple level problem still.  It only started saying ERROR when I got closer
to the proper volume level.  I just kept adjusting the volume in winamp and
playing it again.  Also, mine is a bit picky with the tape in, I have to kind
of hold it in place.

Does your soundcard not have a line-out?  Most do, so far as I know.