[sdiy] 6850 acia

Scott Gravenhorst music.maker at gte.net
Thu Aug 15 09:16:34 CEST 2002

I've used and programmed these.

6850 1 MHz
68a50 1.5 MHz
68b50 2.0 MHz

The a/b paradigm denotes speed as shown above for all 6800 series parts.
(Not 68000).  I don't have a scanner, but I'll do the best I can to get you
info like pinouts, what registers do what, etc. as I have the Motorola docs.

Also, google spit this out for "mc6850":
http://people.msoe.edu/~welch/courses/cs391/cs391-18.pdf

small PDF, has probably what you want.  I found the site very slow, so if
you can't get it, email me privately and I'll email it.

greg montalbano <greg.montalbano at ucop.edu> wrote:
>Hello--
>anybody here have experience with these?  I've been all over the usual
>websites, trying to find data sheets -- I need to know:
>
>1)  what's the difference between 6850, 68a50 and 68b50?
>
>2)  is it possible for the receive portion of the chip to work, while the
>transmit portion is buggered?
>
>Any info appreciated --
>
>Thanks.
>
>~GMM

- What good are laws that only lawyers understand?
- Government: The other religion.
- The media's credibility should always be questioned.
- Lambs who lie down with lions are lunch.

-- Scott Gravenhorst | LegoManiac / Lego Trains / RIS 1.5
-- Linux Rex         | RedWebMail by RedStarWare
-- FatMan: home1.GTE.NET/res0658s/FatMan/
-- NonFatMan: home1.GTE.NET/res0658s/electronics/