[sdiy] Nor Cal DIY meet

Tim Parkhurst tparkhurst at siliconbandwidth.com
Thu Aug 15 00:55:59 CEST 2002

Hello All,

I got about a dozen responses to a Nor Cal DIY meet. It looks like late
August / early September would be the time frame. I'll try to get some space
and MAYBE some corporate interest (CCRMA, or even some of the DSP
manufacturers). Several people suggested contacting Mickey at the Drum
Machine Museum in SF (anybody got a phone # or an e-mail addy?), and Doug
Terrebone also said we could meet at his studio in Fremont. I'll see which
of these would work best (if you'd like to attend, let me know if you have a
preference). I'd also like to see if we can get some people from the DSP
community interested. There is some amazing stuff being done using Palm
Pilots to control a commercially available DSP eval board.  If you're
interested, check out

http://www.gweep.net/~shifty/death/

to see "Death Synth" and several links to portable DSP based units. There
are also a lot of people doing soft synths around here, and I've even heard
of some people making cartridges you can stuff into a Game Boy to play 4
part multi timbral music! With a MIDI in, no less! Anyway, I'd like to see
if we can get a lot of different people and approaches to making electronic
music. Also, I'd like to start finding out who would like to bring
equipment. I'm planning on a Minimoog, a slightly modified Odyssey, and my
ancient PAIA Gnome. No, no modular to bring (yet). However, I have a friend
of a friend who owns a 2500, and I'll try my darndest to see if he can get
it, but that's a long shot.

Anyway, let me know and we'll see if we can put something together! If you
want to contact me outside of the Synth DIY, drop me an e-mail at

tparkhurst at siliconbandwidth.com  (work, I use this during the week)
timservo2 at earthlink.net  (home, used on weekends)

Ciao,

Tim Servo

This message is confidential.  The information contained in
this e-mail message is intended only for confidential use of the
recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in
error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original
message.