[sdiy] Thumb drum

Mitchell Hudson mitch at sirius.com
Wed Aug 14 23:26:01 CEST 2002

	I wanted to order a thumbdrum from Paia.

http://paia.com/midibrn.htm

	But they say these are no longer being made! Can anyone suggest an
alternative?

	The midi-brain I don't need. I just want to make a controller that
you can hit with your hand that will generate a trigger pulse and a
variable voltage level for some dynamics.

	The circuit that they describe looks very simple but I'm not sure
about the piezo element. If this needs to be a special type or
something. I suspect this is the part paia can no longer get which is
why they are discontinuing the kit.

--M