[sdiy] analog synthing

Tim Parkhurst tparkhurst at siliconbandwidth.com
Wed Aug 14 01:54:59 CEST 2002

>Anyone know where I can buy 1/8" mono COLORED cords?  Im doing some
>patching
>with my analog modules and it ends up looking like a rat nest full of
>black.
>  I cant follow whats going to what.  Some colors would make it alot
easier.

***************************************

If you can't find colored cable (or if you can't find it for a decent
price), you might try using a small piece of colored heat shrink tubing at
the end of each cable. Granted, this isn't as nice or easy to trace as
colored cables, but it's easy to implement, cheap, and easy to remove if you
change your mind. You can also get pre-cut heat shrink with numbers printed
on it, so you could just number all your cords. Another way to do this would
be to use clear heat shrink and use it to secure a small piece of paper
(with numbers printed on it, of course) at the end of each cord.

Tim Servo

This message is confidential.  The information contained in
this e-mail message is intended only for confidential use of the
recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in
error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original
message.