[sdiy] Dirty sliders

cyborgzero at comcast.net cyborgzero at comcast.net
Tue Aug 13 21:51:47 CEST 2002

Problem is, many of the so-called *contact cleaners* still have
incompatibilities with certain plastics.. I have had one contact
cleaner work well with polyester plastics and polycarb, but react to
urethane-based plastic, and it ate away and pitted the urethane. Other
cleaners have eaten away the polyester, but left the urethane..

Its hard to say what will happen for any given action, but its
generally better to not be the beta tester, and I have yet to see
water destroy anything, esp if you are really worried, use distilled
water.

I have found that out the hard way a couple of times.. The soap and
water is the only tried and true non-reactive cleaner there is.

custom synth parts, tech, etc : www.angelfire.com/il/cyborgzerotech
AIM: cybrgzr0 <--- the last thing is a number