[sdiy] Dirty sliders

Tim Parkhurst tparkhurst at siliconbandwidth.com
Tue Aug 13 21:08:34 CEST 2002

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what about contact cleaner spray? It's
made to be compatible with electronic assemblies, and is readily available.

Tim Servo

***************************************
>I have had some good luck with dish detergent and water, if you can
>believe that! ;) A dishwasher tends to work nicely too, but don't let
>your wife know. ;)

>Afterwards, a bit of silicone lube gel works wonders.. Off of the
>advice of K. Lightner, I have taken whole boards from an arp oddy, put
>em in Simple Green, dried it, and it came up perfectly, much to my
>amazement.  A bit of lube jel squirted down into the sliders, and good
>as new..

This message is confidential.  The information contained in
this e-mail message is intended only for confidential use of the
recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in
error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original
message.