[sdiy] FM Synth Designs

patchell patchell at silcom.com
Tue Aug 13 16:22:22 CEST 2002

    This is correct...as far as I know...in fact, I was under the impression
that Yamaha had a patent to cover this...back in those days, putting a hardware
multiplier in silicon was very expensive.

    Nowadays...heck, you can put several 16x16 multipliers in an FPGA that only
costs a few dollars (well, maybe a slight exageration...but close).

    Implementing an FM synth engine in an FPGA these days would be very simple.
I would like to do this myself, but, there aren't enough hours in a day.

--
 -Jim
* Visit:http://www.silcom.com/~patchell/