[sdiy] Yamaha PSS460 users?

Joe Kramer musetrap at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 12 19:29:58 CEST 2002

Dear Kevin,

>  No cool individual
> sliders on the 480, but you can select any one parameter at a time and
> twiddle with the value as you play.

The PSS460 provides a five-detent slider each for WAVE, SPECTRUM, MODULATION,
ATTACK, and DECAY, although some of these functions are not immediately
intuitive.  SPECTRUM seems to change the octave while also adding harmonic
content, and MODULATION seems more like ring modulation, adding metallic
belllike overtones.

> The digital synthesizer is 2-operator FM, I think . . .

Please educate the uninformed (me): What is "2-operator FM"?  Are there higher
number operator FM systems?

Regards,
Joe Kramer