[sdiy] And you thought repairing a synth was expensive...

patchell patchell at silcom.com
Sun Aug 11 00:07:58 CEST 2002

    I got a quote last night on how much it is going to cost to get the
family piano repaired.  It was originally purchased by my
great-grandparents in 1898.  It is an upright piano.  My sister and
parents are going to chip in for the repair bill.  My sister is the one
who wants it, but has no place to put it.  So, I will be stuck with it
for a while.  The piano technician said it is in good shape, but, it is
completely worn out.  New strings, new keyboard bushings and tops, and
an almost complete rebuild on the action.  After seeing the estimate, I
realized I could probably buy a couple of Arp 2600's for what is going
to cost.

--
 -Jim
* Visit:http://www.silcom.com/~patchell/