[sdiy] Two really dumb questions re Schaeffer and soldering (fwd)

Neil Johnson nej22 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Sat Aug 10 15:57:10 CEST 2002

Jim,

> 1) I'm working on a Schaeffer panel layout, and I need some countersunk
> holes. But.. damn.. there are four choices for the type of countersink:
> (DIN 74A through C, and DIN 661).

The four options translate to:

DIN 74A -- ordinary metal screws (90 degree)

DIN 74B -- hex-head (Allen, Imbus) head screws (90 degree but slightly
            deeper?)

DIN 74C -- self-tapping screws (not sure, need to get to library)

DIN 661 -- rivets (have a significantly different angle, 75 degrees)

My initial hunting on the web did not produce too much information,
other than translations of the Schaeffer german text (via babel) and a
few vague details on the net.

If anyone has access to the DIN specs and can confirm this it would be
much appreciated!  Otherwise I couldn't quite justify to myself the cost
of buying the DIN standards :-(

Hope this helps,
Neil

--
Neil Johnson :: Computer Laboratory :: University of Cambridge ::
http://www.njohnson.co.uk          http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~nej22