[sdiy] Looking for OB-8/CEM3320 filter gurus

Tony Allgood oakley at techrepairs.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Aug 10 11:31:04 CEST 2002

>Just to be sure: the oscillation was also there without the extra
capacitive loading from the scope probe?

I can't remember the exact details about it now, but I am fairly sure I
wouldn't have fallen for that one. And by stopping the oscillation with
the cludged input cap, the 'CV breakthrough' dropped to the usual 3320
performance. Remember this was the OB-Sx and this may not be present on
the later Oberheims. It may even be horrible board layout, but I tried
extra decoupling but this had no effect on the oscillation.

Regards,

Tony Allgood                       Penrith, Cumbria, England

Oakley Sound Systems                     www.oakleysound.com
Modular projects            www.oakleysound.com/projects.htm