[sdiy] Plastic Panels...

Terrence McWee mcwee at m-net.arbornet.org
Sat Aug 10 04:46:51 CEST 2002

I've used acrylic this way for panels (love the effect you get when
painting the back side with matte black spray paint), but have found
that the acrylic shatters far too easily.  Overtighten one screw, and
it's nothing but tears and recrimination.

T.McWee

On Tuesday, August 6, 2002, at 04:37  PM, cyborgzero at comcast.net wrote:

> If you use acrylic, you could get away with 1/4 inch thick panels and
> they are strong enough..
>
> A 4x8 sheet of acrylic goes for $75.. You can make loads of very cool
> panels and/or paint the backside of them and/or label them from the
> inside using spraytak.
>
> Its not a bad idea, and if you need sheilding, you can use metallic
> paint on the back of that..
>
> Rob

Who is the sad monkey with the socket in his brain?

Poor Mojo's Almanac(k)
http://www.poormojo.org