[sdiy] Introduction and a question

Tim Parkhurst tparkhurst at siliconbandwidth.com
Wed Aug 7 20:35:19 CEST 2002

I've done a lot of my own circuit boards, and at least for the simple ones
I've had pretty good luck laying them out in AutoCAD (use polylines so you
can easily tweak the line widths), then printing out the pattern onto an
overhead transparency film. (Note: Make sure you buy the right type of
transparencies for your printer. A laser printer can melt the plastic film
if you get ones that aren't meant for use in a laser.) This method makes a
high quality film that you use to expose the board and I find it to be a lot
easier than the stick on / rub on transfers.

Tim (no more HTML messages) Servo