[sdiy] Two more questions

harry harrybissell at prodigy.net
Wed Aug 7 06:14:37 CEST 2002

Hi Steve....

If I were making many boards, I'd go with professional made etched boards.

For one-offs I use Vector board (.1" grid, NO copper) and the T42-A push
in terminals. The layout technique is very similar to a single sided board... but
you can cross traces if you insulate one.

The result is very rugged and worthy of the road.

BTW if you cannot design a good layout on Vectorboard... you probably cannot
design on a PCB either. The exact same skills are required, so learm one and you
learn both.

I learned Vectorboard layout from my father. As a child I was 'bugging' him so he
gave me a piece of vectorboard to amuse myself. I 'built' something (random) and
asked what he thought of it. He thought "That looks like SHIT kid...   If you're gonna
do it you might as well learn how...." and then gave me a two minute lesson in how
to plan the efficient use of the pins and wires from a schematic.  Now I sell that skill
:^P

--
Jihad Terrorism Conspiracy New World Order
Revolution Black Helicopters Freedom of