[sdiy] Two more questions

Steve Begin Steve.Begin at pwgsc.gc.ca
Tue Aug 6 16:50:59 CEST 2002

I've got a couple more questions :)

First, I'm having trouble finding a schematic for either a 15 volt bipolar power supply, and/or a +5 volt, does anybody know of a good design they could point me towards?

My other question is; when you are finished a design and are putting it on a pcb, do you use vero, etching, or photo-etching? (sorry if those aren't the proper names).

I made a circuit a long time ago from an old magazine, I used a permanent marker on copper and then etched it, but I don't have a steady hand and it was sloppy, some parts were thin, some were thick, etc.  The etching where you use light sensitive chemicals seems to be way too much work but maybe it's easier than it sounds.  I've also seen rub-on decals which I'm guessing are used instead of a marker.

Vero board looks like it could get sloppy in inexperienced hands.

So I'm just wondering, is this a matter of preference, or is there really only one good way to do it?