[sdiy] Good read

Peter Grenader petergrenader at mksound.com
Tue Aug 6 06:51:52 CEST 2002

This will probably tweek a few eyebrows, nevertheless I'd like to
recommending the following on-line read:

http://www.creativesynth.com/columns/005_InSearchOf/InSearchOf_114.html

It discusses a shortage of innovation in modern-day electronic music
instrument design, opting more for imitation of gizmo's from the past
masters, from the dust of the dinos so to speak.  I will admit, it's
something I agree with to a certain extent.   While these basic tools are
important and should be part of every synthesist's bag of tricks - there is
also a need for new ideas, new tools and new paradigms.

While some may not agree with it, I'm sure many of you will enjoy it. have a
go and tell us your thoughts!

-peter