[sdiy] Credit Card fraud - BEWARE!!!!!!

sbernardi at attbi.com sbernardi at attbi.com
Mon Aug 5 22:12:14 CEST 2002

A similar thing happened to me.  Someone got hold of the
numbers on my wife's B of A debit card, and opened a
PayPal account linked to it, then sent about $1000 worth
of payments to another account. We know it happened from
a local merchant because they also had the extra 3
digits that are on the physical card only.
PayPal reimbursed us, and we cancelled the Debit card
and "downgraded" it to an ATM card.