[sdiy] Credit Card fraud - BEWARE!!!!!!

May, Tony Tony.May at dmjmhn.com
Mon Aug 5 21:24:13 CEST 2002

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Same bank as a matter of fact.
I was out the money while they "investigated" the matter. Fortunately,
if I recall correctly, they had the money back in my account in a week
or two. It did take a number of calls to the bank, though. When I
informed them that the card number had been stolen, they simply
deactivated that card and I did not have to close the account. Not sure
why they told you not to close the account, unless they thought it would
help with an investigation. Anyway, be sure you notify the secret
service. (Who, and I hope I am not stating the obvious as I didn't know
until this situation, are in charge of investigating credit card fraud.)

Tony