[sdiy] Useful equipment

patchell patchell at silcom.com
Sat Aug 3 17:25:09 CEST 2002

    Even with a 4 1/2 digit voltmeter, you will find that they don't sometimes have all that great of accuracy, so the odd of you
calibrating your VCO's the same as anybody else might be low anyway.

    What is important is that all of your VCO's are the same.  Nothing worse than having VCOs whose scales don't match.  Although,
there are ways of even getting around this problem.

    Still, I have found a 4 1/2 digit meter much more useful than a 3 1/2.  I do a lot of testing for scale drift, and for that I
do need the 4 1/2 digits.  In fact, I sometimes wish I had 5 1/2 digits.

--
 -Jim
* Visit:http://www.silcom.com/~patchell/