[sdiy] Re: Hertz Wars !

J. Larry Hendry jlarryh at iquest.net
Sat Aug 3 17:21:04 CEST 2002

Another method involves a commonly available rubber "O" ring.  This was not
my original idea, but passed along to me by another DIYer.  The O-ring sits
inside the hole as opposed to how most shoulder washers work.   It this
example it was used in a 3/8 inch hole for a pot with a smaller busing
diameter.  But, this same O-ring should be just about perfect for bananas
too.  I picked it up at Lowes.  I am sure Home Depot and such carry similar.
I have long since lost the number.  But, it was in the plumbing department
in a bin that had drawers of assorted washers.
Here's a link to the photo:
http://www.wiseguysynth.com/larry/misc/o-ring.jpg
Larry Hendry