[sdiy] damnable digital interface.

cyborgzero at comcast.net cyborgzero at comcast.net
Sat Aug 3 07:21:36 CEST 2002

There is a standalone chip that will do it for about $10 usd..

Then, there is the flipflop with reset solution, which also seems to
work okay. I actually got that working long ago, and it tended to work
pretty well..

I hooked the outputs of the flop to a 4066 to close the switch, and it
worked really well.. Some fine tuning on the pulse widths coming from
the flop, and it worked very well.. Better than most micro based
solutions..

There is a bobble state in the quadrature output that most don't
compensate for, and is easy to ignore in a uP based solution, but a
discrete solution will still work.

Rob