[sdiy] Mikado: call for suggestion

harrybissell at prodigy.net harrybissell at prodigy.net
Fri Aug 2 18:40:32 CEST 2002

Well now that you ask... no I dont have 16 Key Signatures  ;^P

My KEY display reads
C +C d +d E F +F G +G A +A b

the SCALE display reads

1 2 3 4... 9 +1 +2 +3 +4 +5 +6  (strange looking but
can be controlled with only 1 byte each - 7 segments
and the "plus" sign)

The last four positions of the KEY display read
1 2 3 4

Then the SCALE display reads
C +C d +d E F +F G +G A +A b - - - -

(in this mode the last four Scale positions are blank

So out of a 16 x 16 matrix... I actually use a 16 x 12
table of waves.

One of the parameters is always the KEY... and there
are four additional sets of 12 KEYS.

I use the extra positions for special scales, such as
drones, thirds etc.

Its a little tricky to understand but allows use of
"most" of the memory with the least problems for the
user interface. (Two hex rotary encoders and two LED
displays)

Maybe I should learn to program a micro, huh ???

H^) harry