[sdiy] Plugging anything into anything

Paul Schreiber synth1 at airmail.net
Fri Aug 2 16:29:34 CEST 2002

>Not surprisingly the Winnie left the
> freeway, crashed and overturned. Mr Grazinski sued Winnebago for not
> advising him in the handbook that he couldn't actually do this. > -----
>
> Sometimes you have to spell it out for people..

We had to *specifically* have an instruction to TURN YOUR COMPUTER ON in all the manuals. Tech
support was getting 5-10 calls a day of the "it's not doing anything" variety.

Most lawsuits (when I was there) were based on deaths occurring when installing CB antennas.
Falling off the roof, electrocution, that sort of thing.

And, we got sued because a RC car owner's cat chased the vehicle into the street and got run
over. We suspected it was the other way around as "alcohol was a factor" as we say in the
business.

Paul S.