[sdiy] Plugging anything into anything

KA4HJH ka4hjh at gte.net
Fri Aug 2 11:20:09 CEST 2002

>Please Paul, tell us some! Having worked as a consumer
>electronics tech, I can believe every shred of anything
>you say about fools plugging the wrong things together.
>Esp. the lawsuits. I love hearing about the unique
>idiocy of the legal profession.

While we're all waiting breathlessly for Paul's priceless anecdotes, here's
something from a shop I used to work for (just got permission from them to
broadcast it to the world). It seems someone brought this TV in claiming it
had been hit by lightning, which it may well have been, but judging from
the massive amount of damage to the cabinet (completely falling apart,
basically) and what you see on this web page it appears that something more
happened along the way...

http://www.servicekings.com/hinkle/

Apparently the owner wanted it repaired under warranty so they made up this
web page to show to the manufacturer for claim evaluation. It didn't get
repaired.

Then again, maybe it was hit by that negative energy ball lightning that
causes crop circles! They should sell the pictures to a UFO magazine. It'll
look good next to the alien autopsy.
--

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

"You'd PAY to know what you REALLY think"--Dobbs