[sdiy] Re: Hertz Wars !

John L Marshall john.l.marshall at gte.net
Fri Aug 2 03:11:32 CEST 2002

Most condensers are designed to take 48 volts of phantom power. I don't
remember if U-87 has its own power supply box.

I converted a U-47 to FET and found out that the stubby metal tube has a
second purpose: keeps the mike just warm enough so that voice breath doesn't
short out the mike element.

Take care,
John
Pacific Northwest DIY Synthesizer meeting, July 20, 2002
See: www.sound-photo.com