[sdiy] Re: Hertz Wars !

harrybissell at prodigy.net harrybissell at prodigy.net
Thu Aug 1 23:58:33 CEST 2002

And you know where this is all headed...

a cry of despair / grief from some newbie who
laments plugging his Dad's Neumann U87 (newbies
don't HAVE U-87s)...

... into his VCO output and frying the mic.

(disclaimer - I don't really KNOW if this
will fry the mic... but it might... ;^)

There are good reasons we don't plug anything into
anything... its dangerous in most cases. Unless the
designer was very careful to make the design
"FOOLPROOF" (know why they call it FOOL proof ???)

you can easily destroy things.  Your cool sound isn't
worth trashing your ARP 2600....

That's why routing from outputs to inputs really is the
best plan, even if it stifles creativity a bit...

H^) harry