[sdiy] Cool chip alert

j vallier peff2cv at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 1 23:15:27 CEST 2002

FYI Maxim has a cool new chip that could make uP/uC interfacing ridiculously
simple. It is a LED multiplexing/driver/switch scanning/debouncing all in
one package.

I don't know about you, but I absolutely hate figuring out all the
multiplexing and switch scanning/debouncing routines when doing a uP-based
design. This does it all and as an added bonus comes in a DIP package so you
can breadboard it or use with your homemade PCBs.

http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/3410

Link also has app notes, configurator, and link to free samples.

best regards,

Jeff