[sdiy] Thermistors and Keys

patchell patchell at silcom.com
Mon Dec 31 17:14:30 CET 2001

Glen wrote:

> I've always wondered if anyone on the list ever went so far as to make their
> own keyboard. I mean literally carve the keys out of wood, mount switches on
> them, etc. Some of the best organ keyboards are still made with wooden keys.
> I've seen some very nice looking keyboards built this way, and they had a very
> nice feel to them as well. Has anyone on the list ever tackled this sort of
> challenge?
>
> Later,
> Glen

    I attempted this a long time ago when I was building the Paia 2700 from
magazine plans.  I did not like the button keyboard that was shown in the article.
However, my mechanical skills have always been lacking, and I finally gave it up as
just a bad idea.  Maybe one of these days I will try again, but this was a task
that exceeded my skills.

--
 -Jim
* Visit:http://www.silcom.com/~patchell/