[sdiy] uC languages

Paul Maddox Paul.Maddox at wavesynth.com
Sun Dec 30 00:00:12 CET 2001

Rob,

> Speaking of which, how much difference is the assembly language of the
> Atmel, PIC, and Scenix?

Atmel and PIC are very different, but itt wouldnt take much to convert
(Atmel has 32 resigsters to play with, not just 3)

The PIC and Scenix are VERY similar...

so, Scenix and Atmel are therefore VERY different aswell..

> BTW, I don't really like programming in C.. I know it, but I am more comfy
> with assembler.

C is great..
if I right some code in C I can port it (provided I stick to the standard
ANSI C) to *ANY* CPU I want,
PIC, Scenix,  I386, i860, ARM, 68K, etc, etc,

I tend to code in C, and the optomise the assembly language...

Paul
Wavesynth home page;-
    Http://www.wavesynth.com
Modulus synthesizers home page;-