[sdiy] water clean solder

patchell patchell at silcom.com
Sat Dec 29 16:43:48 CET 2001

    I will back Harry up on this one.  Machine pin sockets look really nice, but,
the Amp sockets not only cost a lot less, but they really work.

    I used to use a lot of the IDC dip connectors.  I found out really quickly that
these things ruin the machine pin sockets real fast.  But in a dual wipe socket,
they not only stay in the socket, but also make good electrical contact.  You just
can't go wrong with them.

--
 -Jim
* Visit:http://www.silcom.com/~patchell/