[sdiy] CMOS schmitt trigger question

Ken Stone sasami at hotkey.net.au
Sat Dec 22 01:55:33 CET 2001

Series is simply because the designer wanted a non-inverting schmitt input,
so he used a spare gate from the package to re-invert.
As already stated, parallel is to increase the output drive available.
Sometimes schmitt gates are used as general purpose, simply because a gate
or two required schmitt inputs, and the rest of the gates in the package
were used as ordinary inverters.