TB303 RAM problems

Dan Gendreau gendreau at rochester.rr.com
Fri Mar 31 22:04:40 CEST 2000

> My first question is, how hard would it be to get hold of such a device? I
> admit I have not tried Roland yet(I made an order from them this morning,
> before I discovered the faulty RAM! dammit!). If anyone might have any of
> these devices sitting in their junk box, I'd like to buy them off you.
>
> Secondly, are RAM ICs like this particularly prone to failure? I
> am worried
> about the main controller IC; if this ever goes then I'm in
> trouble. But is
> there any reason why RAM ICs might be the first to fail?
>
> Regards,
> Trev

Go to the Devil Fish TB303 Mod page:
http://www.firstpr.com.au/rwi/dfish/

He has a mod for replacing the RAM chips in the TB303. His mod adds more
banks and longer battery life.

Email the author Robin Whittle and tell him what you are doing. I am sure he
would give you info on how to replace the ram chips with more modern
equivalents. It may require a daughterboard however.

Hope that helps,
-Dan Gendreau