Slinky reverbs et al

Grant Richter grichter at execpc.com
Fri Mar 31 21:16:45 CEST 2000

Craig Andertons innovation in the PAIA "Hot Springs"
kit is to run two identical springs differentially so the
"sproings" cancel and the audio doesn't. Quite clever.
That's probably a lot more important than any other
factor.

Reverb springs are very sensitive to
magnetic pickup and aluminum chassis don't shield for magnetics.
A steel chassis around the springs is a good idea.

The springs I have around here seem to have input
impedance's between 10 and 25 ohm. These are intended
for solid state drive using essentially a headphone amp
circuit. The 4 inch springs sound like crap. The 18 inch
springs sound A LOT better.