Can you feed audio through a synth?

Theo t.hogers at home.nl
Fri Mar 31 11:47:58 CEST 2000

To be short: Yes.
As long it's a analog synth you can feed audio through it.
Normally the VCO's are the audio source,
however there is nothing against using another signal instead.
There is a small problem when you do this with a polyphonic synth,
since you don't know which voice will "speak" when you press a key.

Basically stuf like the Waldorf 4pole, Sherman-filterbank and the
Tidal Q-o-matic (in the proto stage at the moment) are more or less
synth's with a audio input instead of vco's.

Most modern digital synths have a audio input, if you decide to buy
a complete system after all, take a look at the Clavia Micro modular or
the Novation Nova.
Both are a far better deal (sound and price) thah the Rolands.

Hope this helps.
Cheers Theo

Tidal music electronics:
www.tidalmusic.com (opens monday)