OT: son of slinky reverb

CCartCat at aol.com CCartCat at aol.com
Fri Mar 31 01:35:52 CEST 2000

<<How about a reverb built from a slinky, with an actuator at one end, and a
transducer at the other.
A bit of feedback could keep it oscillating for LFO effects, and it would
look cool hanging from the side of your modular ;-)
You could build separate actuators and transducers for longitudinal and
transverse waves.
Now if you could get an LFO slinky made from light emitting wire... ;-)

Colin f>>

More, FWIW:

While this hasn't worked on a slinky, I've played springs in reverb tanks
with an E-Bow (I guess a more over the top version of their normal
operation).   Also toaster oven grills.  Electromechanical possibilities
abound.

Kevin