Slinky reverbs

Doug Tymofichuk dougt at cancerboard.ab.ca
Fri Mar 31 00:29:38 CEST 2000

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 13:53:42 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
Barry L Klein <Barry.L.Klein at wdc.com> wrote:

> Looking at some documentation on the Accutronix reverb
> cans, it talks about rotary actuation of the spring, moreso
> than linear motion like a speaker would provide.  Is this
> critical?  I'm thinking of using some old disk drive
> actuators(!).  Maybe WDC can start a new Slinkyverb
> product line......

Most spring reverbs I have seen move the spring at a 90
degree angle to it's length (transversely, or sideways).
But when I experimented with speakers driving springs
longitudinally, it worked fine. However, rotary activation
sounds interesting too!

Doug Tymofichuk
dougt at cancerboard.ab.ca