Slinky reverbs

Doug Tymofichuk dougt at cancerboard.ab.ca
Fri Mar 31 00:03:43 CEST 2000

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:55:32 EST ScotFraser at aol.com wrote:

> So if the cone is absent, what would you glue the end of
> the spring to? I'm imagining a Slinky that's about 3" in
> diameter & therefore too big to attach to any voice coil
> that I'd want to sacrifice for this purpose.

Build some sort of radial fixture to terminate the spring
to a point that attaches to the speaker at the center of
the dome or whatever voice coil cover is present. Or bend
the last 1/2 coil of the spring over 90 degrees from the
rest of the spring and attach the center of the resulting
arc to the speaker.

A couple of 8 inch diameter long throw woofers should be
ideal for this. I've done this with some 4 inch full range
speakers and a one inch diameter spring, and it worked
great.

Doug Tymofichuk
dougt at cancerboard.ab.ca