White LEDs / New LED developments

Steve Sheckells stevenvi at pacbell.net
Wed Mar 29 08:51:21 CEST 2000

LIVE WIRE has been around for a couple years. The wires are really neat but
the are not very bright. Apparently brightness is increased by increasing
the frequency from anywhere up to ~400 hz. This makes for brighter but the
life can decrease to a few hundred hours. There are some very cool uses but
it is still pricey. There is a company out of Camarillo, Calif that makes an
Electroluminescent material that is about as thick as a couple sheets of
paper. This stuff is very bright and I have seen it up to 24" wide and
almost as long as you would want but it sells for $$/square inch
Steve Sheckells