Pro One -3310 question

Tim Curtis vampope at swbell.net
Wed Mar 29 22:06:35 CEST 2000

Well, about a year ago I managed to turn my perfectly good Pro One into
a silent, ex-Pro One, but I didn't know how.

I finally got into it and found a couple of anomolies.

First, the problem with it is that there simply is no output.  The only
sound this thing makes is a "bweeew" when you shut it off.  (Maybe it's
a "blooot" and I'm not translating it well)  Aside from that I can't get
it to make any sound at all.

So I checked it out a couple of nights ago and here's what I've found:

The left-most CEM 3310 is running pretty damn hot - too hot to touch for
more than a brief second.  It's my understanding that this shouldn't be
the case, right?

All of the voltages seem to be at the appropriate regulators, but I did
find about 19mV or AC coming off of the +5.  Is this enough to cause a
problem?

I've got a spare 3310 here, but as rare as they are I don't want to
install it until I check to make sure I'm not going to fry it.  Can
anyone tell me what I should check to make sure that won't happen?

Thanks,

Tim